Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Merc 124 Coupe Electric Window Malfunction

Customer Question

I have 1989 Merc W124 Coupe. Have just renewed the passenger door window motor thinking it would fix the 'stuck in fully up position' problem. Mechanism still does not drive. What now? Perhaps the relay? Two of the other windows are working, fourth is not.

I have discovered that the two windows that were not working are on the same fuse, which was blown!  I renewed the fuse, tried the windows again, no joy, checked the fuse which had blown again.  This time when I attempted to put in another new fuse it blew as I tried to put it in (burnt my thumb!).

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..

Please let me know where you are up to exactly now at this point in time- what else you have checked / done etc??

Rgds, MIKE...........................................