Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mercedes atego engine cranking over but seem to be fuelling

Customer Question

Mercedes atego engine cranking over but don't seem to be fuelling showing fault code mr 1 8008,was showing mr 1 9963 tried bump starting no joy but no air to tow now
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried cleaning terminals on starter motor and cluster of earth cables,accidentally broke pole for exciter on the solenoid , just had starter reconditioned fitted starter reconnected batteries and bobs your uncle fault codes gone and engine has started, I've start stopped started it half a dozen times and all seems fine
Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to close my question as I seem to have solved my starting problem now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am contacting you with regards to a refund as you have not helped with my starting problem in any way whatsoever