Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

just bought a 2003 c180 from the car market,the engine management

Customer Question

just bought a 2003 c180 from the car market,the engine management light is on, the ESP logo is on as is the warning triangle, the lim sign is on and both white and red DTR signs are on ,also it says ! malfunction. I would like to keep this car as it has a genuine low mileage and is all over in good nick, but if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg I may have to chuck it back into the market again so basically what I would like to know is whether it's worth spending money on or not and if so a ball park figure as to how much it would be likely to cost me.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd suggest getting a local garage to plug into the diagnostics and pull off some fault codes as you're right in saying it coudl just be low battery voltage or a poor earth but also reading the codes off is quite cheap and will give an indication of how much work is required