Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

need ignition barrel for vito 109 do they have to to be reprogrammed,

need ignition barrel for vito 109 do they have to to be reprogrammed, if not will second hand one do, do i have to get new key fob.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to advise..

If you are just replacing the ign barrel - and key - then no it doesn't need to be programmed.

If you are replacing the fob - then it will... or if you have the version where the fob is a part of the key , ( as some are ) then you will... If its just the blade ( and some blades will swap over -on the key FOB type ) , then you don't need programming. In the "no programming" cases - then yes a 2nd hand one will do.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

I will be off for a little while now but back later should you need anything more - If you do reply, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

*** Meanwhile - - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.