Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

so if the metal key comes away from the plastic key fob, then

Customer Question

so if the metal key comes away from the plastic key fob, then the steering / ignition does not need to be reprogrammed the vito is 2004/05 model.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello - Welcome again.

This is MIKE - I answered you before. Im afraid as you listed a new question here - I just did not see it - until I stumbled across it in the lists today - Im sorry about that - its just the way the system works....

Now - with this there are three different types of key on this year range - which is why I was trying to cover all angles for you... but - on that year range, you should have the type actually that you don't use the blade of the key - it is an electric stub that goes into a slot in the dash... If it is definately that type, then any additional / replacement key fobs do have to be programmed....

Let me know if you need anything more - but be sure to reply to me here - on this post - so I don't lose you ....

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.