MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Please answer how I can override the engine emergency mode

Please answer how I can override the engine emergency mode and temporarily drive my C200 (year 2005) for about 3 days with the engine diagnostic instrument light showing. A garage is not able to diagnose the fault concerned until the 26 August [next Tuesday] due to a week-end bank holiday in the UK.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

I am sure this is not the answer you are hoping for but there is no way to do what you are asking Im afraid - engine limp mode is there to protect you from doing damage to the engine when the ECU detects certain faults - if the vehicle is in limp mode constantly (ie - does not come out of limp mode when switching the ignition off & on again) then there is a permenent fault in the system.

The only way to get it out of limp mode is to have the vehicle diagnosed & the faulty component replaced.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Best regards, Paul