mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Just changed the main battery in a Mercedes amg e63, no action

Customer Question

Just changed the main battery in a Mercedes amg e63, no action from starter when I try to start. Seems like something needing re-set. Can you advise. Peter
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Disconnect the negative battery cable and then the positive battery cable end and leave disconnected for 15 minutes, then reconnect the positive first and then the negative. Insert key in the ignition and turn to the on position but do not try to start and leave for 5 minutes and then try to start the vehicle. This should reset the system.