MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

my radio has gone back to factory settings and now all commands

Customer Question

my radio has gone back to factory settings and now all commands are in German , how can i return it to English . MERCEDES 270M 2003 MODEL
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

There is a language setting in the system menu to bring the settings back to English.

There are so many different versions of COMAND units and is a job that is much easier to remember when I am sat in front of the unit so the steps may not be exactly right for your vehicle but from memory this is what you need to do:

First enter the system settings menu (I think on your model press the SYS button)

You then need to find the language setting - in German this will read "SPRACHE" - you may have to go into another installation menu first "INSTALLATUNG"

Once in SPRACHE you can scroll down to the English setting to revert the language back to English.

If you still have problems then it will help if you can take photos of your unit & screen so I can see what you can see!

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have managed to get into SYS EINSTELLUNGEN whatever that is but will not let me scroll to English . have taken some photos but cant get them attached to the email

sorry

Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

Have you found thesub menu "SPRACHE"?

Regards, Paul