Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

central locking pin bounces up and down several times when

Customer Question

central locking pin bounces up and down several times when locking car and fuel filler cap doesnt lock
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help -
Sorry to see you have had a wait.

The fact you mention the fuel flap lock doesn't work - this can be your whole problem - that would be the first thing to investigate.... usually this is caused by a seized or otherwise broken motor / lock bolt - and this can cause your central locking system to play up also...as it back feeds the system.

So check that out first -and cure that whatever you find as above to be wrong with that - then see if the system itself is ok. Some versions have a fuse for the fuel cap lock -so check that first.

If that after curing that doesn't cure the issue with the system, then this is either a chaffing wire / bad connection fault - or, a sticking / faulty door lock actuator - and again, this causes the issue with the system doing as you describe. Its then a case of checking the wiring / system through - starting with the drivers door as thats the usual one / most common to have the fault.

The other way is to have a plug in diagnostic test done - that is a quicker way to find the fault rather than manual checking through the vehicle... so those are your options to get this fixed for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.