mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a c180. I was sitting in the car with it not running

Customer Question

Hi I have a c180. I was sitting in the car with it not running when the dash (all guages and lights ) went off. Totally dark. It started fine and ran fine , headlights windows all working fine>. I dropped in to ask a gargage some advice, they suggested disconnecting the battery, which I did. ONly when reconnected, it would not start . Turn the key lights go on , it makes its usual whirring sound like its about to start, but when turn key to ignite engine, - nothing. Any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Try these steps and it should reset the system.
Disconnect the positive battery cable and then the negative and leave disconnected for 15 minutes, then reconnect the positive battery cable end and then the negative. Insert the key in the ignition and turn to the on position but do not start, leave in this position for 5 minutes and then start the vehicle.