Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I am thinking of buying a Mercedes coupe 2007 class C 200 CDI

I am thinking of buying a Mercedes coupe 2007 class C 200 CDI SE 3 Dr 2.1 Diesel 105,000 miles. Its priced at 3500 it has new tyres and had springs/brake pads done. The hand brake/pedal is a bit jittery you need to pull the pedal up with your foot for the car to recognize that its off although they assured they will get this fixed the timing belt is also getting replaced before we buy, is there a way that we can tell whether this is done, also there is a bit of rust on the front of the bonnett do you know how much this will be to respray don't mind getting this done. All in all I like the car and would like to buy it. Is it worth the money, there is not much service history although can get receipts for things that have been done. Regards Lillian

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Lillian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise..

With this car / model - the money sounds about right - so long as they fix the faults that have been highlighted -

Quite honestly - you will know if the fault has been fixed as you will then not have to do that with the pedal as you describe - and the hand brake will then be fine...

As regards ***** ***** belt - ask them to show you the receipt for the new parts / belt... there realy is no other way to tell - though its unlikely they wouldn't do it - as they know the risks / expense of a failure......which they would be liable for.

As regards ***** ***** on the bonnet - I would suggest to look up and use either a local to you body shop - you can use "yell.com" for you area.. or - look up and use one of these that come to you - mobile body repairs.. again - yell .com is ideal to find a local handy body shop / repairer -

As to costs - I really can't say to be truthful - this is is because places charge differently all around the UK - and even in the same town....so the best advise there is to get two or three prices for the work..

Another tip would be to ask the selling garage - doubtless they have contacts for body repairs as well ;)

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much this is so helpful them being reliable for the timing belt if they have receipts is helpful xxxx

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you know the recommended/interval that the timing belt should be changed x

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there...

Well yes - I didn't quite "click" when I answered your question and was probably somewhat curve balled as they say with then saying they would change the "timing belt " for you....

This engine is not a timing belt driven engine... its chain driven ! -- as such , there are no service change scheds for a chain -- so, thats a good thing for you ;)

Im sorry I tripped up there at first...

All the very best - and let me know if you ever need anything else..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.