Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have just purchased a used SLK, year 2009. It will be

Hi I have just purchased a used SLK, year 2009. It will be due a B service August 2015. An independent Mercedes specialist garage has quoted much more favourable costs for servicing compared to the local dealership. They say they use Mercedes qualified engineers, genuine M parts and update the Mercedes computer with all services carried out. Sounds good,but my concern is - if the work is not done by a mercedes approved dealer or franchise, will this devalue my car if i need to sell in the future?

I have been offered a service plan contract - cost for my car is £37 a month for 24 months which will give me 2 services - an A and a B service. does this represent good value as the independent garage has quoted significant savings for it claims the same services.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help/ advise on this..

To be perfectly honest - everyone has differing views and opinions on this - My view is that you are better all round going with the Independent Specialist -- they will stamp your service book with their official stamp - which is good enough as they are specialists.. so too they will use genuine OE MB parts and materials so no worries there neither - So there is no devaluing of the car in real terms no.

Certainly that would save you a lot of money and I would personally go with that - as my advice. If the car was a brand new one, one may think differently but at an 09, its not worth paying dealer rates... there's no advantage in any way.

Too - if you would want a separate warranty - I know that this company HERE is a very good one / trusted and reliable -and not expensive ... just as an extra...if it helps . You may well have seen them on Tv ads - but I can confirm they are one of the better ones should you be considering that as well.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert