Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

mercedes sl500 2001 replaced suspension pressure switch l/h/front

Customer Question

mercedes sl500 2001 replaced suspension pressure switch l/h/front wheel want to knowhow to bleed system
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Factory instructions say that the bleeding is done via Star Diagnosis computer by activating the suspension struts in cycles (s.c. rodeo cycle). Also, if there are stored fault codes, the suspesion might be locked in last safe position. To get the lock off, fault code must be erased with Star Diagnosis, or it might be possible that disconnecting battery's ground cable for 30 minutes might also help. The system might also get bled out by lifting and lowering the vehicle 10-20 times in a row.
Let me know how i can help more.
regards,
Stan