MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a 2004 E Class saloon. I have an instantaneous failure

I have a 2004 E Class saloon. I have an instantaneous failure of the central locking on the boot only, plus the third (central) brake light and BOTH rear number plate lights. Suggestions please ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

This is a common problem on your model & is almost certainly one or more broken wires that go to the boot lid along the left hand boot lid hinge.

You will need to remove the plastic cover from the hinge & cut off the insulation from the wiring to inspect the wires.

If broken then the wiring will need to be repaired by soldering new lengths of wire to join the broken wires again.

We often carry out this repair for your problem on the W211 E Class models.

Best regards, Paul