mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my W124 E280 1994 auto is revving hi when in neutral it's about

my W124 E280 1994 auto is revving hi when in neutral it's about 1200 however when in gear with my foot on the brake it's normal at about 800 revs
Also if I take my foot of the accelerator the speed does not drop its like cruise control which the car doesn't have!
The local garage have cleaned the throttle body but it's still the same
Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally causes this issue is one of the fuel injectors are over spraying and resulting in the issue that you are having, this was a common issue on this vehicle. What is would suggest as a first step is to have the injectors tested.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.