Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Thanks for your answer Stan. I just want to clarify that

Customer Question

Thanks for your answer Stan.
I just want to clarify that on many occasions the noise starts as soon as the engine is switched on and the air con is off.
What exactly is the blower and what does it do?
And do you think damage could be caused to the car by driving it with this problem ?
( occasionally I think I can smell something like burning coming from the engine )
Mary
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mary,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still need help
Hello Mary,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.

Hello Mary,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?