mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The traction control light is displayed on the dashboard, the

The traction control light is displayed on the dashboard, the van goes into limp mode. When you switch off engine and turn back on, the light disappears, as soon as the steering wheel moves, the traction control light reappears. I was informed the fault was due to the steering angle sensor, which has been replaced but made no difference whatsoever.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Was the replacement part a factory oem part or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike.

The parts where sourced direct from my Mercedes dealership. They have said that the diagnostic machine they use only gives them basic error code's & that the van will require a more detailed diagnostic report.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike.

I have been told that it is something to do with a sensor on the gearbox & that it will have to go to Mercedes to be recoded. I've not been told what the problem is, due to the mechanic dealing with it is in today.

I don't know if this information is of any use to you

Yes the two issues that cause this problem is the steering angle sensor and the turbine speed sensor inside of the gear box. There is a update to the gearbox sensor, and it does require a reprogram from the dealer. This is likely where your problem is coming from.