mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

why would a 1 year old c class automatic car, from a standstill

why would a 1 year old c class automatic car, from a standstill possition, when put into drive, roar like a jet engine and accelerate forward at brake neck speed all by its self despite the driver having his foot down hard on the brake. [not the accelerator befor you suggest it ].The result was a journey of about 15m into a house side, 1 bro***** *****d, and 1 bashed up face with dental damage. Not too bad considering there were 5 people in the car and just around the corner was a 6ft drop into a field.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The only way that this could occur is that the accelerator pedal was stuck, the throttle cable was stuck or the butterfly valve in the throttle body was stuck open. The most likely way this took place was the butterfly valve in the throttle body was stuck due to carbon build up which in turn had the throttle cable stuck open.