Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Mercedes

I have a C Class Mercedes Estate Car 2012. Neither my wife

I have a C Class... Show More
I have a C Class Mercedes Estate Car 2012.
Neither my wife nor I can hear the parking sensors sounding when the car reverses. We can hear the front sensors.
Is there any way to increase the volume of the sound in the reversing sensors?
Gerry Taggart
Category: Mercedes
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Hello Gerry and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

I need to know what system you have / are using -- Is this equipped with the Parktronic ( self parking ) system... Does it use a camera - or is it just sound sensors?

Too - what did the dealer say to you as I note you say you asked them....?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

It's sound sensors, Mike.

The dealer didn't know. They just said it was working. But it's not loud enough. Front ones are OK

Gerry

Mike, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago.
HI there Gerry -

Thank you for your reply..

Im afraid I dont have ever so good news for you Gerry - the sound / volume on them is not adjustable at all-

Given the dealer has sat and listened - and pronounced the system as working "fine" , then I would assume that there are no actual pick up faults with the sensors / as a system -and that it all works ok - bar the volume.

You are not alone with this complaint / question - the only option you have would be to have a louder "speaker" fitted to the system - I know of people that have had that done - any good auto elect can do that sort of a job for you - that would be the only way if the system is genuinely working all ok otherwise.

Im sorry its not likely what you wanted to hear Gerry -but thats the top and bottom of this issue Im afraid -

Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Mike,
I have a feeling it's not working. It's going in for checking next week.
What's interesting is that it's not the first time you've heard about this.
Why would Mercedes build a car with a safety system which is unreliable? I notice that half of C Class owners are maturer people - ie ones who're starting to get hearing loss?
It's still under warranty. I wonder if they have a fix?
Thanks again
Gerry
Hello again Gerry -

Just a note by way of courtesy - Im afraid I have been off ill for a time so have only just had your reply / message.. Im sorry about that.

As regards ***** ***** under warranty Gerry - they will "fix" anything that is considered to be at fault under its warranty - its convincing them that indeed there is a "fault" with this... I assume by now you have had it in for further checking - I hope it went to your satisfaction....

Once again - my apologies for the delay in getting back to you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

It's been to the local dealer but I also got information form the Mercedes Benz Tech Centre in Holland. They said that both the frequency and volume could be altered.

They were altered but it's only just audible to my wife and I. Nowhere near as loud as my friend's Skoda and another's BMW.

I'm not sure if anybody really knows what they're doing. Thanks for your help anyway, Mike.