Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2004 C220 CDI VIN: WDC2030082R151759Central

Customer Question

I have a 2004 C220 CDI VIN: WDC2030082R151759 Central locking not working on remote key fob even from close up. Works fine on dash switch. Radio reception also very poor. I have heard that this could point to amplifier being at fault. Can you confirm and ,if so where is it and is DIY repair/ replacement possible. While I am on tyre wear is bad on this car ... Avantgarde model. Is it just a characteristic of this model or might I have a problem? Back end is a bit skittish on poor surfaces. I know front geometry is spot on. I get approx. 9000 miles per set. Thanking you in anticipation. Stuart XXXXXXX

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello Stuart,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to try to find someone. I need to get this fixed although I can lock and unlock the car on the manual key.

regards,

Stuart XXXXXX

Hello Stuart,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Hello Stuart,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shantal,

Thanks for getting back.

Don't worry about not finding someone yet but please continue to look for a bit longer. I cannot afford to go to Mercedes with this. If you can get someone to confirm that the amplifier is at fault and give me a pointer as to where it is on the car I would be obliged.

If you can't find anyone in, say, another week I will call it a day. I presume I would get a refund?

Regards,

Stuart

Hello Stuart,
Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Holding on at this end.

Hello Stuart,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shantal,

Thanks for your efforts.

I guess I will just have to go to Mercedes.

Refund will be appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Stuart.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Stuart -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you .. and indeed have been asked to do so but I have been off for over the last week -so Im sorry to see you have had a wait-

Please just let me know if you do indeed wish to carry on or not.. then we can go then from there.

Kind Rgds, MIKE............................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you can give me any advice, I would still be pleases to

receive it.

Regards,

Stuart Carrie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought I responded to this when received but don't see any record.

If you can help me please do otherwise a refund would be fine.

Regards,

Stuart Carrie