Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The gps on the comand on s(###) ###-####dosent work , maps are

The gps on the comand on s(###) ###-####dosent work , maps are there but dosent move, merc dealer said the antener is faulty and would be 2 day work to correct , is this true or is there another sulution thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome...

Mike :

My name is ***** ***** IM happy to help / advise -

Mike :

Indeed- that is the usual cause of the fault with the symptoms you describe.. Indeed, its a common fault on these... when you get the incorrect info as you describe.

Mike :

The antenna as a unit is not that expansive at last count - even from a MB dealer - though you can get them usually cheaper on line from MB parts suppliers etc as a tip if that helps you further - but yes - that is the cause of the fault you have generally..

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer:

Thanks for your anser .so the information that the merc dealer give me was correct.

Customer:

This hasent

Customer:

This hasnt allways been the case , I once had a ml320 and one of the keys stoped working they told me that l would have to have the onboard computer changed @a charge of about £700 , however a guy from america told me of a simple way to correct the fault myself , this took about 1 min and didnt cost me a penny .so you can see why l wanted a second opinian thanks for your addvice norman