MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a 2008 mercedes clc the door mirrors close first time

Customer Question

I have a 2008 mercedes clc the door mirrors close first time but when I go to open them I need to press the button several times sometimes this can take 3-4 minutes before they open
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

This is almost certainly a fault with the switch itself in the light switch module. We often see this type of failure on these models.

To diagnose correctly the vehicle will need to be checked on Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to see if the switch is sending the correct signal when pressed. If not then the light switch module will need to be replaced.

Sometimes if you press the switch firmer when trying to operate it you may find it works - however this type of test is not 100% accurate!

Best regards, Paul