MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a Mercedes SL500 03 Which is showing an ABC fault and

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes SL500 03 Which is showing an ABC fault and seems too low on left rear. The tyre on this side is a bit smaller than the other side ,a 285 to 305 (unnoticed when bought), and I wondered if this would possibly affect the suspension system/sensors?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

It is difficult to say for sure if this is what is causing the problem with the light coming on - I have seen mixed size tyres cause problems with the traction systems (ABS/ESP/BAS) which in turn sends information to the ABC system so it is a possibility & would certainly have this corrected in the first instance.

Mixed tyres on the same axle is an MOT failure so would need sorting for this anyway.

The only way to be sure what is causing the ABC light to come on would be to have the car checked for fault codes using a diagnostic tool such as Mercedes STAR.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards, Paul