mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

what does it mean when EPC warning appears on my Mercedes dashboard and when I use the kic

what does it mean when EPC warning appears on my Mercedes dashboard and when I use the kickdown the engine cuts out when the RPM goes above 2500
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally causes this issue on these vehicles is a failure to the mass air flow sensor causing the fuel/air mixture to be incorrect. The mass air flow will need to be tested as a first step.