mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi- I have an E200 automatic estate 2002. Recently after about

hi- I have an E200 automatic estate 2002. Recently after about 15 minutes driving and you slow down in traffic or stop.it loses all power; I am able to get it going again but the same thing happens when again when I slow down or stop.When this happens you can hear a buzzing sound coming from the back seat. I checked this out and the small electric box this noise was coming from was very hot to the touch. any advice would be welcome
thanks
frank
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are having is the fuel pump module is overheating and resulting in the issue that you are having. This can be causes by the module itself failing or the fuel pump is failing, both will need to be tested.