mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Thursday, November 6, 2014My car is Mercedes Benz CLK –

Customer Question

Thursday, November 6, 2014
My car is Mercedes Benz CLK – 230 K – W 208 Series. It is 2001 built.
It has an automatic Gear system that had worked perfectly until now. At present the Gear does not change beyond 1st Gear & Reverses Gear. It is stuck on Neutral and does not move from D to R and becomes stuck in N. I had the Gear filter and Oil filter changed but this does not make any difference.
A mechanic who I know did a Diagnostic check on his machine which shows and Error with a Code P 0705.
Please help me in locating exactly what the problem is and how this can be rectified?
Iqbal ZAFAR
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Iqbal,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

07 November 2014

I have NOT received any response. I wish to continue and ask you to send me response without any further delay.

Iqbal xxxxx

Hello Iqbal,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are having is consistent with a failure to the turbine speed sensor which is located behind the valve body inside of the gear box.This is a common failure and results in the symptoms that you are having because the gear box goes in to limp mode. To correct this issue the sensor has to be replaced.