Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How do I get into my mercedes r230 SL that has a flat battery

Customer Question

How do I get into my mercedes r230 SL that has a flat battery , the original key was lost so mercedes have sent a new key with a new metal inner key and for some reason they don't match , mercedes are now claiming someone has changed the locks mmm
Cheers Mike
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike

I'd start by charging the battery as you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
do you still need help with this?