Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

"Coolant, visit workshop" now car wont start

Customer Question

I was getting "Coolant, visit workshop" message in my Mercedes C Series the last time I drove it and today when I got in the car it wouldnt start with ignition key. Then I tried to start it a few times and now the key wont even turn and the doors cant be locked by pushing key button. I locked ddors manually and checked the coolant level which shows the top of a white bar inside the chamber, does that mean its too low? Why would that effect the whole electronics of the car? What can I do to fix (a) the car not starting and (b) the coolant message?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

Such message is shown if the coolant fan control module has failed. When faulty, it can keep the fan on even with ignition off. This will lead to full discharge of the battery. So please have the battery charged up and check if the fan is running all the time.

Stan :

regards,
Stan