mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

slk r170 speed limter not working sounds 3 bleeps /sometimes

slk r170
speed limter not working sounds 3 bleeps /sometimes OK
sometimes starts and run aprox 3min then or at stop street and car will go into a slow throttle response and some times no response if i turn off engine wait 1/2min turn on and start all is ok for that period of driving ,
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a failure of the turbine speed sensor which sits behind the valve body inside the gear box. This is a common issue on these vehicles and requires the sensor to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks mike i will send to agent for code test and wait there reply as i don't have garage clean enough to repair this type of problem will get back to you with codes and hope this is the fault

thanks les

No problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike car has got ESP and ABS light on! i think it is in limp mode? have take to garage this morning to have it fixed does this sound like the turbo speed sensor problem or some other sensor,

thanks

les

Yes this does sound consistent with the turbine speed sensor. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

agents have changed the abs sensor on rear wheel it worked for 1hr then on the following day the same problem slow/ some times NO response on the throttle and somtimes no speed limiter

speed cruise is unaffected the ABS ESP lights are now off

please help your idea was the turbine speed sensor in gearbox is there some way to check this without removing from car

regards

Les

No the turbine speed sensor will have to be removed in order to test this, and your issue is consistent with this sensor failure.