Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

My 2008 slk200 kompressor drivers window only goes down and

Customer Question

My 2008 slk200 kompressor drivers window only goes down and will not go up

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

The motor is actuated by door control unit. Try to disconnect the door control unit and clean it's contacts. Maybe this will reset the unit to make it reverse the polarity of the voltage supplied to electrical motor.

Stan :

regards,
Stan

Customer :

Hi Stan.

Customer :

Hi Stan,

Customer :

Hi Stan, I have dismantled the door control unit already cleaned it with electrical cleaner reassembled and tested still with no change in operation could the problem be the door control unit itself or would the door locking system be involved or even the top opening sytem. regards Dave

Customer :

Hi Stan, I have removed and cleaned the door contol unit reassembled and tested with no change. Could the problem be concerned with the door locking system or the roof operating control.regards Dave

Stan :

Hi Dave,
With the Star Diagnosis computer it is possible to test the raising and lowering function of each door control unit separately. Without this tool, i would try to switch between the sides the switch groups and the door control units to see if this will make the window motor to roll up before replacing the driver door control unit. But if the passenger window is rolling up and down as it should with the vario roof operation or with pro-longed actuation of remote control- then the problem is clearly in the driver door control unit.

Customer :

Hi Stan when you say switch between the sides the switch groups and the door control units do you mean switch control units from onside to ofside doors?

Customer :

Hi Stan when you say switch between the sides the switch groups and the door control units do you mean switch control units from onside to offside doors?

Stan :

Yes, precisely.

Customer :

Thanks Stan I'll try it at the weekend.Dave.

Stan :

OK, hope for your positive rating of my answer.