Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

We currently have a Mercedes E280 2007 with a warning coming

Customer Question

We currently have a Mercedes E280 2007 with a warning coming up saying top up washer bottle just after we fitted a coolant level sensor to knock off the coolant warning light! We have this morning replaced the washer bottle level sensor and replaced the fluid in the bottle but the warning is still on the dash.. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
The coolant and windshield washer fluid level switches are connected in series and have a specific resistance. Depending on the overall resistance in the lines, SAM module determines which fluid is low.
Possibly one of the switches has incorrect resistance or there is an interruption between the switches. Click here for the wiring diargam of the switches and check all of the lines and both fluid levels. Possibly one of the switches is bad as well.

Best regards,
Stan