Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Hi,Someone broke my offside door mirror, breaking indicator

Hi, Someone broke my offside door mirror, breaking indicator lamp and mirror. c180 kompressor, avantgarde w203 / 2006. Electric folding door mirror with autodimming.Mirror part number 41-3133-470. How do I get the outer cover off? How do I get to the indicator bulb unit? How do I put the new mirror into the housing.There is a spring clip on the back of the mirror. Should this be in place first before  I seat the mirror or do I seat the mirror then replace the clip? Really appreciate your help on this one Thanks, Peter

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

First you need to remove the mirror outside trim

Customer:

Does it just push off?

Stan :

The retaining clamp must be pushed back. Check the instructions i sent you earlier

Customer:

Sorry,

Customer:

Just checked instructions - got it

Stan :

No problem, once the trim is off, the mirror retaining spring is easily removed and glass can be easily pryed off

Customer:

excellent , thanks. What about getting to the indicator bulb?

Stan :

You will see the screws on the inside of the removed trim

Customer:

Great. Do you know the part number for the bulb unit for this model by any chance?

Stan :

It's a piece of cake once the outer cover is off

Stan :

i need the VIN to help you with the indicator part number

Customer:

Once i replace the bulb does the outer slip back in easily or should I be aware of how to reset the clip to secure it in place?

Stan :

Clip has to be released back with a screwdriver, and then you just slide the cover on carefully until the indicator plug and the clip engage

Customer:

No worries with the part number. Once i get the old one out I can check the number on the old one. Thats really helpful. Will give it a go in daylight! Thanks for your help Stan, really appreciated

Stan :

Glad to help Peter.