mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

nearside headlight stays on - mercedes benz e320 1993

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The light stays on even when the vehicle is off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, it's when driving even if the the lights are in the off position (it's my husbands car). It's just the passenger side. Car just back from the garage on Friday-car wasn't starting-had to jump start from mine. He ended up spending £900-they replaced the battery in engine (not one in boot),also did other work brakes,suspension etc. However we called the AA out a week or so ago-the guy said both batteries were ok on test.Final drama is the car didn't start yesterday or today-had to jump start from mine

Ok the headlight staying on is caused by a electrical short in that headlight harness which will also pull the battery down, either the harness had a poor ground or a open short supplying constant power. The harness needs to be tested with a volt meter. Because it is only happening to one headlight eliminates a fuse or relay.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Mike, this answer does sound promising. The car is booked in to the garage on Thursday, so if it's ok - I will let you know. But so far I am very pleased with your answer.

No problem thank you, ***** ***** can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if yiu need further help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Mike,garage couldn't find problem- they have advised to take to Mercedes dealer garage. It is booked in there on Tuesday.So car still has to be jumped started from mine each morning ! Will let you know. Thanks meantime. Moira

No problem, thank you.