mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I own a Mercedes Benz engine, Engine Number 616 934 10 072930.

I own a Mercedes Benz engine, Engine Number 616 934 10 072930. Can anyone tell me if it is the 65hp version or the 72hp?
Thank You
Terry Despicht
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Terry,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Cross referencing the engine number shows that this engine is the 72 horse power engine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for confirming that my engine is the 72hp version. What puzzles me is that it has 9 volt glow plugs with resistor wiring.

Regards,

Terry.

This sounds like there might have been some alteration or modifications at one time to the engine.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.