Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Can you tell me where the flashing unit is in a 1998 c 180

Can you tell me where the flashing unit is in a 1998 c 180 Merc estate as there is no indicaters or hazard lights working all so windscreen washer works when you turn on ignition
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi , i still need to know the answer to my question

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The turn signals are actuated by front SAM module. It is fixed to the fuse and relay plate in the driver-side fusebox.
It can be checked with Star Diagnosis computer, which some of the independent MB shops have besides the dealers. Star can show if the SAM sees the comands for turn signal activation from combination switch and hazard switch. Star can also activate turn signals in SAM directly. So it will be quite easy to determine the cause.
If the SAM is replaced, it must be coded to the vehicle with Star as well.

Disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes can also reset the system.
Best regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer