mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Is there anywhere I can buy a Fuel Tank for a UK Mercedes

Customer Question

Is there anywhere I can buy a Fuel Tank for a UK Mercedes 208D van 1994 model as I have a slight leak on the tank on my model.It is not the Sprinter. I have tried the on line breakers and they only stocl 1995 sprinter onwards

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The 1994 and 1995 carry the same parts so you can purchase a 1995 and it will match up to your vehicle with no problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for your answer, In the UK in 1995 the panel van was superceeded by the new Sprinter, so the tanks on the 1995 models available from wreckers fit the sprinters and not the old Panel Vans (Which ceased late 94/early95) My van was actually built in Sept 1994 but not registered till Jan 1995. Hence the confusion when I contact the dealers. I have since been in contact with the Merecedes Dealers and they found a new tank for the RH Drive model which they are importing for me from Germany.(1 of 3 left in the World so I'm told!)

Ok great. I'm glad you found the tank. Thank you.