Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I suddenly had a piece of metal drop onto the floor by my clutch

I suddenly had a piece of metal drop onto the floor by my clutch pedal a spring and a piece of plastic fell to the floor the aluminium casting which has broken in half also fell to the floor
The clutch still works but bits are dangling off the pedal Help please
Ian
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ian,
Click here for the pedal disassembly instructions. The pedal assembly must be checked to see what is missing and worn, and then these parts replaced.

regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Stan - Thanks for that

The parts that fell onto the floor are Nos 18 , 31 , 32 and part of the aluminium casting that part no 32 sits in ( not shown on the drawings)

The casting as far as I can see has a round hope in the centre and the bit that snapped off is a flat plate that runs down the side of the casting

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian,
Only these parts are available separately. So it means that the bracket 10 needs to be replaced as well.

regards,
Stan