MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Hi I have a e 220cdi mercedes 2008 salon and am getting a

Customer Question

I have a e 220cdi mercedes 2008 salon and am getting a creaking nose coming from the front of the car normally when I am hard turning left hand down plus I can make it do it when I break slowly?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 2 years ago.

Noises are always difficult to diagnose over the internet but I will try to help - probably the most common problem for what you have described is worn bushes on the lower suspension arms - they often split away from the metal part & creak as they pull apart under load when turning hard or braking.

Use a pry bar to lever the arms & check for signs of the bushes splitting or deteriorating & replace as required. It is generally a good idea to replace in pairs so each side is matched.

The lower ball joint which you have replaced is a common problem but also check the upper joint on the top wishbone.

Sticking pads in the caliper can also cause noises especially if there is a large wear lip on the disc.

Let me know how you get on.

Best regards, Paul