Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Smart for two was a bit slow to turn over this morning,

My Smart for two was a bit slow to turn over this morning, whilst driving alone I noticed the interior light was on and assumed it was either a door was not closed properly or the tailgate window was unlocked however on checking all of these all were closed and the light stays on when the engine is turned off. Any possible answers or how do I turn the light off in order to prevent the battery being drained.
Many thanks,
Moira
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

hello Moira

there should be a switch on the lamp that you can set to 'off' to disable it

however I suspect the fault is a sticking door switch

so I'd try pushing the switches open and closed whilst watching the light as they should go out when closed, the light will take 10 seconds or so to go out
the switches look like this

and are located in the door shuts / pillars

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Matt, I assume you did not see me second message re the urgency of my problem.

I did see the mechanic who in a very short time discovered it was due to the boot not being fully closed, this even though I had checked both doors and the rear flap twice !! it would appear it had something to do with the lower part of the boot flap.

I needed to know ASAP as I did not want to have any problems in the build up to Christmas.

A lesson was learned.........

Moira

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Moira

understood and no I did not see that you had posted a 2nd question

still glad you got it sorted

is there anything else I can help with?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.