Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

driving along in c class (2009) sport diesel estate took foot

Customer Question

driving along in c class (2009) sport diesel estate took foot off accelerator to slow down then when pressing accelerator again the engine raced and the auto gear was lost. Coasted for 10 yards and then all ok but the engine management light came on. Whats the problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

According to the symptoms you have described- transmission has slipped for some time. This can be caused by insufficient transmission fluid level, it's age, jamming valve block or even failure of transmission electronics.
I recommend to have the engine and transmission control units checked for fault codes and transmission fluid checked and changed.
Most likely transmission fluid and filter change will solve the issue.
Best Regards,
Stan

JACUSTOMER-e83t544h- :

Can I drive the car before I fix the problem?

Stan :

If it drives as usual and you cannot feel the transmission slipping- car can be driven until first chance to have this checked at the workshop.