Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a 2010 registered E250 convertible. The petrol cap will

Customer Question

I have a 2010 registered E250 convertible. The petrol cap will not release.
I know there is supposed to be a manual release inside the boot, behind the actual cap - but cannot locate it.
Once I have manually released, I can fill up with Petrol, then get it to a Mercedes garage to get fixed properly - but it is currently running on fumes, so I need to open it once before I can get it to a proper garage
Can you please advise? thanks in advance
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No joy. Is this in the drivers side or passenger side of the boot?

Also, is it within the first little cutaway panel; or in the bigger cavity area behind the actual petrol cap?

I have tried both areas extensively, but had no luck locating the manual release. Is the release some form of handle?

thanks

Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Ir should be behind the rearmost cover, on the line with the floor's grab handle on the fuel cap side of the boot.
It is a cable with the pull ring at the end.

Regards,
Stan