Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

2007 mercedes viano 2.2 diesel. When I'm at a steady speed

Customer Question

2007 mercedes viano 2.2 diesel. When I'm at a steady speed it decides to slow down with a quick up and down on gas pedal it resolves for a short time, if on cruise it will start to slow then change down a gear to try and compensate the speed but fights with the revs, it will not show on diagnostic either at a stand still or when vehicle is moving while the problem occurs. I've noticed others have had the same problem with this model of mercedes. Please help, Glen
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Hello Glen,
Such symptoms can be caused by failing turbocharger's vane geometry mechanism or fuel quantity regulator. Please have their actuation tests done with Star Diagnosis computer. Some independent MB workshops have this tool besides the dealer.
Universal scantools might not have the capability to test the turbocharger's or high-pressure fuel injection's component to full extent.

Best regards,
Stan