Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Hi, My Mercedes 150 A class has just had its service. It is

My Mercedes 150 A class has just had its service. It is only 5 years old and has ony done 27000 miles from new. I was shocked that the Mercedes Benz mechanic has found so many faults being that I hardly use the care. The faults are as follows
Fan tensioner to be replaced.
Near side arm bush
Rear brake pads and discs
2 new back tires
Total cost £1800.00
Can all this be possible for a low mileage car?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

I must say that this is possible, but some of the issues would have symptoms. Tensioner would cause whistling from the engine, bushing- loose feel in the suspension. The tires become loose their elastic properties after 5 years.

Stan :

But i would suggest to have the car checked at independent MB workshop and get a quote from them for the repairs. Even if they confirm the same faults, their quote can be half of what the dealer is asking.

Stan :

Best Regards,
Stan

Customer: Thanks Stan
Customer: Thanks Stan, your advice was good but it was too late! I was so angry that I I went back to Mercedes before receiving your answer and I made a complaint. I got £400 off of my total bill. Regards Dee