Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Got a Mercedes SL500 '03 which has developed the dreaded

Customer Question

Hi Got a Mercedes SL500 '03 which has developed the dreaded Problem where the central locking is non functional along with all the storage boxes behind seats ..plus the boot. Not such a big deal but the petrol cap also does not function and some genius at Mercedes back in the day situated all the fuses in the storage box behind drivers seat, with other possible reasons for the fault , pump etc fitted yes of course in an unattainable boot!.all locked up now like Fort Knox..brilliant. ; /. Now I know the car requires linking up to a Star machine but wondered if any of you guys out there actually can tell me if there is in fact some kind of reset thing a suitable Benz mechanic can do to release everything .? as otherwise short of a can opener I can't see any other way inCheers Patrick
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.