Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

, I am looking used engine car, but I have

Hello, I am looking for a used engine for my car, but I have some troubles:
-My car was made in 1995 (sold in 1996) with a chassis number WDB2100551J and type E 320 (petrol), automatic 4 S, with an engine 104.995 of 3.2 L, and with a gearbox 722329. I have seen two possibilities:
1) An engine that comes from an E class Mercedes Benz of the year 1996 (W210) with a chassis number WDB2100531A and it is a 2.8 L engine, model M104.945 with gearbox 722424.
2) An engine that comes from an E class Mercedes Benz of the year 1996 (W210) with a chassis number WDB2100551A and it is a 3.2 L engine, model M104.992 with gearbox 722329.
The question is if any of these engines do will fit my car without problems. I would appreciate if you could help me. Thank you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
The second option will fit without any major problems. The differences are minimal, like different cam lobe profile. But it should run perfecly fine.

Best Regards, Stan.
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer