Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2000 Mercedes C240 Sport Auto. Lights illuminated on dash:

Customer Question

2000 Mercedes C240 Sport Auto. Lights illuminated on dash: ESP BAS AND ABS. Problems: When driving the car gently the gears change smoothly up and down the box and the car increases in speed. Once I am driving in top gear and I decide to accelerate hard the kick down engages and the revs increase but the car won't accelerate. If I press the accelorator pedal a little less hard the car will drop only one gear and pull away. Press the pedal and engage kickdown and it hesitates. It's a bit like when you Rev the car hard when out of gear and it hits the rev limiter at around 4000 rpm. I hope I'm making sense.
Has this anything to do with th Esp bas and abs light being or car running on safe mode.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thankyou, I have no need for your help. I have today booked my car into the workshop. Pleas confirm that you have not taken your fee for £18. If you have please can you return it to my account and confirm you have done so. Thank you