mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my glove compartment "door" will not open. It is not locked.

my glove compartment "door" will not open. It is not locked. Pushing the button down hard does not free up door flap.
Car is S320 W220 saloon. I tend to do most minor repairs myself can you advise [lz
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
The cable that attaches to the release lever has either broken or popped loose.
When this happens this is not a easy fix without causing damage to the glove compartment door. You will need to go under the dash and try to come up from behind the door to gain access to the lever, if you haven't done this repair i would suggest having this done at a repair shop.