Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

, My car is W211 E220 CDI 2003. I have RED BATTERY VISIT

Customer Question

,
My car is W211 E220 CDI 2003.
I have RED BATTERY VISIT WORKSHOP light showing. I have changed the aux battery, no effect. The heater blows when the key is turned on, but when the ignition is fully started, the heater blower always die down, making no sound, and no heat coming out. The cigarette lights socket in front and in the middle both work only when the car is switched off, when car is switched on, both will not work. Boot light will not light up, even though I have changed the bulbs. The back windscreen is always condensed, and I have to wipe it dry. The Alarm indicator lights by the inner front mirror flashes seconds when pressed on, but will never stay on permanently. Hence car cannot be alarmed. Are these problems settings or Fuse changing issues. Pls help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you
like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
,
In case of red battery warning, the alternator and main battery in the boot must be checked as well. If alternator is charging properly and battery is properly charged, but message still is on, the battery control module has to be checked with Star Diagnosis computer. It might require a software update or replacement, depending on findings.
The battery control module or charging failure can cause switch-off of the different electronic components, so the red message must be sorted out first of all.
Some independent MB shops have the Star besides the dealers
Best regards,
Stan