Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a 2002 w211 e class with a electrical fault,the passenger

Customer Question

I have a 2002 w211 e class with a electrical fault,the passenger heated seat switch lights come on without being touched, it's not possible to turn it off ,the drivers heated seat the hazard warning lights then don't work, the only way is to disconnect the battery,reconnect it after a few minutes and all is is ok until a few weeks later it happens all over again.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Stan :

,
Since all of these bottons are part of the upper control panel- the whole panel is faulty and must be replaced. This control panel is basically a separate control unit, which sends the comands to other units.

Stan :

best regards,
Stan

JACUSTOMER-tyxcyruf- : What consists of the upper control panel!,
Stan :

It is a switch group which includes hazard warning, central locking, seat heating/ventilation and other switches. All of them are one assmebly, called upper control panel.