Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

, My mercedes C Class W204 instrument cluster is not working.

Customer Question

HI, My mercedes C Class W204 instrument cluster is not working. The needles don't move but the back light is on even with the engine off with the LCD lit up with no info. Any idea? Gerard
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
These symptoms point to failed instrument cluster.
It is possible that disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so will reset the cluster.
If this does not help, cluster will have to be replaced or rebuilt by a company, which deals with cluster repairs.
Best regards,
Stan